How to Ensure Children Thrive During Virtual Learning: 7 Tips from Fortes’ Wellbeing Team
Virtual learning from home has become a reality for many families all over the world with the outbreak of COVID-19 – and with that comes a set of unique challenges for parents and their children as they navigate this online journey together.
Our experienced Counsellors and Wellbeing leads at Fortes Education have compiled a list of tips to help your child during this new experience and enable them to excel and enjoy each new day as it comes.
- Focus on what you can control by keeping to a routine and making daily schedules with your child
- Try to maintain sleep routines as much as possible, have set wake up and bedtimes
- Encourage physical activity throughout the day, take advantage of free online resources such as yoga, dance and exercise routines
- Create a separate working space for your child, this can be anywhere that is quiet and comfortable
- Help them stay connected with the important people in their lives, family, teachers, and friends
- Check in daily to see how they are feeling. Hold a short meeting at the end of the day to discuss how the day has gone
- Encourage your child to pursue their interests. Try crafts, yoga or explore new places through online virtual tours
The Wellbeing Team at Sunmarke School are always here to assist you. Reach out to them via the VLE by selecting the ‘Contact School Department’ option and select your child’s name. The designated Wellbeing Department (EYFS/ Primary/ Secondary) for your child will then appear in the drop down menu, please type your message and submit. A member of the Wellbeing team will be in touch with you to see how they can best support you and your family.
Take care. #SunmarkeInThisTogether