Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
We have compiled a list of questions that parents are most likely to ask us in the early stages of the application process – we hope you find it useful.
Should you have any other questions, please get in touch with the Admissions team and we will be happy to help.
At Sunmarke School, we understand that your child’s education is one of the greatest personal investments you will make and we strive to provide the highest quality education in a world class IB and British curriculum school at an affordable price.
EYFS & Primary Phase Tuition Fees
|Year Group||Discounted Tuition Fee 2019-20*|
Secondary Phase Tuition Fees
|Year Group||Discounted Tuition Fee 2019-20*|
Note: The discounted Tuition Fees in 2020-21 and subsequent years will increase reasonably taking into account the school’s continuous improvements and investments in the recruitment of outstanding teachers and senior leaders, teacher and staff training, curriculum development, resources, the overall education, infrastructure and facilities.
Application & Assessment Fee: A one-time application fee of AED 500 for new students (this includes the Assessment Fee) – Non-refundable & due on submission of Application.
Acceptance Fee (New Students): 10% of Tuition Fee – Non-refundable & payable within 2 days from the date of Offer. This fee is deducted from the Tuition Fee due in the term of joining.
Re-enrolment Fees (Existing Students): 5% of Annual Tuition Fee or AED 500 (whichever is higher) – Non-refundable and due at the start of Term 3 of the current academic year.
Sibling Discounts: 1st Sibling 5%, 2nd Sibling 10%, 3rd Sibling 10%, 4th Sibling 10%. The sibling discount scheme is available to those siblings from the same family who enrol at the school for one full academic year. The sibling discount is applicable to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th child from the same family. The amount of the discount is calculated off the actual Tuition Fee paid of the child who pays the lowest tuition fee amongst the siblings enrolled at the school. The maximum discount per family cannot exceed 35% of the lowest paying sibling’s Tuition Fee.
Payment of Fees (Tuition, Transport, Exam, Activity & Uniform Fees):
For your convenience, we offer parents multiple ways to pay fees. Parents can pay by credit card via the School’s secure Desktop Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) or VLE Mobile App which can be downloaded from the Google Playstore for Android phones or Apple App Store for iPhones. Once a child is admitted, the Admissions team provides parents with their login credentials, i.e., username and password.
Parents can also pay fees by (a) Bank Transfer to the bank account given below, or (b) by Cash, Credit Card or Cheque (in favour of Sunmarke School) at the School’s Account’s Office.
Uniform fees are to be paid separately at the School’s Uniform Shop.
Fees for field trips, events and fund-raisers must be paid online, (as and when the activity takes place), via the School’s secure Desktop Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) or VLE Mobile App.
|SCHOOL ACCOUNT DETAILS|
Payment can be made via wire transfer to the following account:
|Account Name||Sunmarke School LLC||Tuition Fees – Due Dates|
Re-enrolment: 15th February
Autumn Term: 01st August
Spring Term: 15th November
Summer Term: 12th April
|Bank Name||National Bank of Fujairah PJSC|
|Remarks||<School / Nursery> | <Student First & Last Name> | <Year Group> | <Academic Year> | <Term 1,2,3>|
Please email proof of all payments to: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc:
Additional Fees (charged separately from Tuition Fee):
- Optional Transportation Services via 3rd Party Service Provider
- Optional Dining Services via 3rd Party Service Provider
- Optional After-School Activities provided by 3rd Party Service Providers
- School Uniforms
- Educational Visits
Please note, the School’s Tuition Fees are subject to change in accordance with the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) Fee Framework.
For full details of fees and any applicable discounts, please contact the Admissions Office telephone +971 (04) 423 8900 or email: email@example.com.
Fee Structure – Transferring students from Regent International School to Sunmarke School
At Sunmarke School, we understand that your child’s education is an investment and we strive to provide the highest quality education at an accessible price for a Premium School.
|Application Fee||Dhs.500/-||– Not chargeable|
|Re-enrollment Fee (Existing Students)||5% of Tuition Fee||– Non-refundable, adjusted against the 1st Term’s Tuition Fee, 1st day of Term3|
|EYFS & Primary siblings of transferring RIS Secondary Students EYFS & Primary Phase Tuition Fees|
|Year Group||2016-17||2017-18||2018-19||2019 onwards *||KHDA Approved Tuition Fees|
|Foundation 1||44,900||44,900||44,900||Tuition Fees increments will follow a similar pattern as in the Founding Years|
|Transferring RIS Secondary Students Secondary Phase Tuition Fees|
|Year Group||2016-17||2017-18||2018-19||2019 onwards *||KHDA Approved Tuition Fees|
|Year 7||60,900||60,900||60,900||Tuition Fees increments will follow a similar pattern as in the Founding Years (2016-19)||80,000|
* From 2019 onwards
From Academic Year 2019-20 and onwards, the School will implement “Early Bird” payment discount schemes for its families, to ensure that:
- our Tuition Fees will continue to remain affordable, and increments will follow a similar pattern as in the “Founding Years” (i.e. AY 2016 – 2019); and
- our families have the financial clarity to plan and budget for their child’s education at Sunmarke School.
- In the first 3 years of operation, (i.e. AY 2016-17, 2017-18, 2019-20), a secondary child’s Tuition Fee will include Learning Packs; and
- In the first year of operation, (i.e. AY 2016-17), the school will provide 1 no. free Uniform Basic Set consisting of 1 no. trouser / shorts / skort / skirt, 1 no. shirt, 1 no. tie and 1 no. Blazer), to each student. Additional uniform items are chargeable as per the uniform provider’s tariff card; and
- Sibling Discounts: 1st Sibling 5%, 2nd Sibling 10%, 3rd Sibling 10%, 4th Sibling 10%. The sibling discount scheme is available to those siblings from the same family who enrol at the school for one full academic year. The sibling discount is applicable to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th child from the same family. The amount of the discount is calculated off the actual Tuition Fee paid of the child who pays the lowest tuition fee amongst the siblings enrolled at the school. The maximum discount per family cannot exceed 35% of the lowest paying sibling’s Tuition Fee.
|SCHOOL ACCOUNT DETAILS||TUITION FEES – DUE DATES|
|Payment can be made via wire transfer to the following account:||Re-enrolment||15th December|
|Account Name||:||SUNMARKE SCHOOL LLC||Autumn Term||01st August|
|Account Number||:||12000921414||Spring Term||15th November|
|Bank Name||:||National Bank of Fujairah PJSC||Summer Term||15th February|
|Remarks||:||<Student Name> <Year Group>|
Additional Fees (charged separately from Tuition Fee):
- Optional Transportation Services via 3rd Party Service Provider;
- Optional Dining Services via 3rd Party Service Provider;
- Optional After-School Activities provided by 3rd Party Service Providers;
- School Uniforms;
- ·Educational Visits;
School Fees are subject to change in accordance with the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) Fees Framework
Schools are currently waiting for KHDA to approve and publish the Academic Fees for 2020-21. Please refer back to our website soon, we will update them as soon as the fees are announced.
Where the eldest sibling transfers to secondary phase at Sunmarke School, but where the FS and Primary Phase siblings stay at RIS the following discount policy will be applied on full year attendance:
- Eldest Child (1st Child in the family) – Attending Sunmarke: No Discount
- 2nd Child from the same family (Sibling 1 at SMS): 5% deducted from 3rd Term Tuition fee as per SMS Policy
- 3rd Child from the same family (Sibling 2 at SMS): 10% deducted from 3rd Term Tuition fee as per SMS Policy
- 4th Child from the same family (Sibling 3 at SMS): 10% deducted from 3rd Term Tuition Fee as per SMS Policy
- 5th Child from the same family (Sibling 4 at SMS): 10% deducted from 3rd Term Tuition Fee as per SMS Policy
- Eldest Child (1st Child in the family) – Attending Sunmarke School: No Discount
- 2nd Child from the same family (Sibling 1 at RIS): 5% deducted from 3rd Term Tuition fee as per RIS Policy
- 3rd Child from the same family (Sibling 2 at RIS): 10% deducted from 3rd Term Tuition fee as per RIS Policy
- 4th Child from the same family (Sibling 3 at RIS): 10% deducted from 3rd Term Tuition Fee as per RIS Policy
- 5th Child from the same family (Sibling 4 at RIS): 10% deducted from 3rd Term Tuition Fee as per RIS Policy
*Please note, that these discounts will be applied to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th siblings 3rd Term of joining actual Tuition Fee. The maximum discount per family is equal to 35% of the lowest sibling’s tuition fee.
Students transferring to Sunmarke School from Regent International School, will not be required to pay additional Assessment or Registration fees. Transferring students are only required to complete the RIS Re-Enrollment Form and pay the 5 % re-enrollment fee by the Start of the 3rd Term each year to secure their seat.
If an RIS or Sunmarke student leaves the school but returns to the School before the end of one (1) academic term, they will keep their entitlement to the RIS Transfers to SMS Tuition Fee Structure. If more than one Term passes, then the student will be considered as a New Student and will be required to pay the New Students Fee Structure as applicable to their group of re-entry.
Tariff for the following KHDA services as stipulated by KHDA:
- Request for student Education Continuation Certificate for visa renewal (AED 120)
- Request for student leaving form for the students who are leaving Dubai (AED 120)
- Request for student transfer between private schools (within the stipulated time frame)-Student transfer (AED 120)
- Request for student transfer between private schools (after the stipulated time frame)-Student transfer (AED 520)
- Request for attestation of student certificate or report card (120 AED).
- Issuance of ‘To whomsoever it may concern’ certificate for matters related to School – Attestation (AED 120)
- Issuance of ‘To whomsoever it may concern’ certificate for matters related to Students – Academic History (AED 120)
- Request to change student data at the Authority – Student exam grade amendment (AED 120)
In case any of the above services are required, please make payment of the respective amount with our school accounts office before collecting the document listed above.
Please see the table below for the dates that Term Fee Payments are due.
Letters and invoices are typically sent out at least a month in advance of the due date.
|Tuition Fee and Re-enrollment Dates||Due Date|
|Term 1||1st Aug 2019|
|Term2||15th Nov 2019|
|Term 3||15th Feb 2020|
|Re-Enrollment – to Secure Seat for next Academic Year||14th April 2020|
Admissions are now open for applications for 2019-2020 & 2020-2021* entry.
The 2020-2021 Assessment Diary is Open – We are now booking assessments for year groups FS1 & FS2, Year 1 to 10 and Year 12.
Please contact the Sunmarke Admissions Office to confirm your child’s assessment date.
For students currently Overseas: For students in current Year 6 and above we can offer Assessment at the current school attended.
Please contact us to find out more. Students transferring from UK schools in all years please contact us directly for more details.
* 2020-21 Admissions: Foundation Stage 1 & 2 assessments will commence in the Autumn of 2019 – We will be in touch with all applicants once dates have been confirmed. All other Year groups will commence in January 2020.
For Students entering Year 7 and above assessment can be offered at the current school attended if that school is willing to administer the test under examination conditions.
The assessment will be the same as that taken by our local students with the addition of a Skype interview.
You will need to provide Registration, a letter of enrollment, latest school report and recommendation form by the date of assessment.
For Students transferring from UK schools please contact admissions directly to discuss your application.
The KHDA (Knowledge and Human Development Authority – the governing body for Education in Dubai) set entry age for early years’ students within their legislation as follows: The KHDA curriculum guidelines run from 1st of January to 31st of December.
- Age 3 (Jan 1st to 31st December) FS1
- Age 4 (Jan 1st to 31st December) FS2/KG1
- Age 5 (Jan 1st to 31st December) Year 1/KG2
The UK curriculum guidelines run from 1st September to 31st August:
- Age 3 (on or by 31st August) FS1
- Age 4 (on or by 31st August) FS2/KG1
- Age 5 (on or by 31st August) Year 1/KG2
From Year 3 entry onward we follow Transfer certificate information from the previous school and results from assessment. For students born between 1st September and 31st December there is an overlap in the year of entry between the UK and KHDA guidelines. For children affected we take into account the UK age appropriate year group of your child and also the KHDA year group at assessment. From the results of assessment your child will be offered a seat in the most appropriate year group according to your child’s development, readiness for school and ability – physically, socially and emotionally for that year group. For more information or if you would like to discuss this further, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We have state-of-the-art facilities on offer with special attention paid to athletics, the arts and the latest technological advancements. Below is an idea of what our facilities will include:
- IFA- 18 Sized Football Pitch
- 200 Meter Athletics Running Track
- Two Swimming Pools
- Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball and Netball Courts
- Two Expansive Multipurpose Halls
Creative and Performing Arts
- Three Fine Arts Labs
- Dedicated Drama Studio
- 600 Seat Auditorium
- Four Music Labs
- TV & Radio Production Studios
- Nine World-Class Science Labs
- Five Design Technology Labs
- Three Libraries with Media Centres
To insure each student receives the individualised care he/she deserves, we cap classes based on the year. Below is a breakdown of student to teacher ratios by year:
|Year Group||FS1||FS2 – Y2||Y3 – Y6||Y7 – Y9||Y10 – Y11||Y12 – Y13|
|Maximum number of students||22||24||26||26||26||26|
At the end of each academic year, it is the school’s policy to mix and reallocate all classes throughout the school. This process is undertaken to ensure the even spread of age, gender, nationality and ability across the classes.
Sunmarke is a truly international school with a focus on fostering diversity and nurturing talent. Sunmarke continues in Regent International‘s tradition in regards to enrollment with 80+ nationalities represented, the largest percentage hailing from the U.K.
A bus service is in operation at Sunmarke School. The details of this service, route and fees, are now available from the Bursar’s Office. The school is not intending to offer a ‘shuttle service’within the community or between the 2 schools. Please refer to the Transport section in the drop down labelled “For Parents” on our website for more details.
Sunmarke has two state-of-the-art dining halls offering outside catering services at an additional charge. One dining hall for Primary and the other exclusively for Secondary. Foundation years typically have two snack breaks a day which are taken in the classrooms.
By accepting the cards, you and your child hereby agree to the below terms and conditions.
1. Users must wear the ID around their neck at all times whilst on school premises.
2. Validity of each card is subject to student payment of full tuition fee.
3. Students with valid ID card can use various services within the school during the academic term/year duration such as Library book borrowing or subscribed optional services like bus or catering services.
4. To ensure student safety, please wear this card around your neck when collecting students during school hours & present upon request.
5. ID Cards are non-transferrable, non-exchangeable. Please ensure that the ID cards are kept secure, and are not deliberately or inadvertently made available for use by any other person.
6. Users must return all ID Cards and lanyards on expiry or when a student withdraws from school.
7. Lost cards must be immediately reported to the Administration Office.
8. Replacement of lost card is subject to AED50/- and for lost lanyards at AED30/-.
9. It is the duty of the parent/guardian to return all ID cards if there are any changes in the status of a student’s legal custody. Please notify the School Administration so that we can issue you an updated card free of charge. Subject to documentary evidence.
10. Alteration, falsification, copying or misuse of the ID card is a violation of the school’s regulations and will be subject to disciplinary action which may include reporting to competent government authorities.
At Sunmarke, we exercise a positive and inclusive admissions policy. Candidates will each be given due consideration on a case by case basis, and we will take into account the capacity of the premises, staff and curriculum pathways to effectively meet the needs of the individual. Our Achievement Centre offers a broad range of additional support for students with SEND, including targeted support in language, maths, literacy, and functional independence. We are currently working to develop our range of alternative curriculum pathways for Key Stages 2, 3 and 4 so that, in time, we can offer an appropriate pathway for every learner.
Below are the school timings for Sunmarke’ s Foundation Stage, Primary and Secondary
FS1 – 7:30am – 08.00am until 1:00pm
FS2 – 7:30am – 08.00am until 1:00pm
Aftercare for enrolled students is provided for FS1 to Year 2 up to 5pm – please contact Admissions for more information.
Primary (Year 1- Year 6) – 07:40am – 3:00pm
Secondary (Year 7-Year 13) – 07:40am – 3:10pm
Students in Primary and Secondary finish at 2:00pm every Thursday.
"Outstanding attendance and punctuality exemplifies student’s highly positive attitudes to learning" - KHDA 2018-19